My Bookshelf

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Assent Publishing Picks Up Transplant!

The excitement continued on Dead Man's Pond as Assent Publishing signed a deal on Transplant. They become Number Eight on the charts as I continue to set my course for the stars, so we hope they do better than Tenth Street Press. Actually, they include a  promotional seminar with the deal, so hopefully they'll be able to come up with some new ideas that'll help me get a piece of that big fat horror audience out there.

Speaking of which, I've been busting a gut to get La Momia (The Mummy) finished for Black Bed Sheet Books. That one's coming along fine though I've done enough research to make me feel as if I would know Torreon, Mexico like the back of my hand if I ever visit there. That's one of the more rewarding aspects of writing, though. If you're really trying to sell your story to your audience, the research is the next best thing to being there. 

I finally sent the last proofread of Stxeamtown back to the editor at  Torquere/Prizm, and hopefully they'll get it right this time. I've seen salt shakers, pepper shakers, but...comma shakers? SOMEBODY over there poured commas all over my manuscript (kinda like they did on Wolf Man at Damnation Books), and static cling does not get the suckers back out. I wish they'd send some of these assistant editors back for a refresher course in punctuation. When all's said and done, they may have their name on the credit pages, but I'm the poor bastard who has his name on the cover. You'd think they'd at least make it look like I know how to punctuate correctly.

Maybe if I die and come back, I'll be an editor. There's got to be better money in it.




No comments:

Post a Comment